Geomatics Survey Manager
Formby Surveys has the requirement for a Survey Manager who will take responsibility for all field / site based operations and report directly to the Operations Director. The Survey Manager position in one of responsibility and as such the successful candidate should conduct themselves in accordance with this position and understand the separation between staff, management and directors.
The successful candidate should have a track record in the field of Geomatics with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience and an understanding of surveying “first principles”.
Role and Tasks:
Typically, tasks include the following (not exhaustive):
- In a project management capacity, plan, organise & schedule all field operations in conjunction with the Operations Director
- Assume responsibility for managing & delivering large projects as well as their own individual projects
- Monitor the performance & quality of field staff ensuring their compliance with client specifications & good surveying practice
- In a technical capacity, perform complex Geomatics tasks and develop concepts and criteria for work to be carried out by others, assess the feasibility and soundness of proposals, particularly when there are special problems or limited data
- As a Geomatics Specialist carry out complex or novel projects requiring the development of new / improved techniques
- Liaise with other professional staff within the company, clients and other external organisations as necessary
- Ensure at all times a pro-active approach is adopted coupled with a “can do” attitude
Competencies & Experience:
The Survey Manager will have:
- Ideally degree educated with membership of a relevant professional organisation
- A proven track record in the Geomatics industry with knowledge of topographical mapping, measured building surveys & laser scanning as well as a technical knowledge of activities undertaken in the measurement & property development professions
- A detailed knowledge of those IT systems deployed, including hardware and software
- The ability to demonstrate & encourage team working / building relationships both internally (staff) & externally (clients)
- Excellent communication skills and above average attention to detail
- A commitment to and an ability to create a team based working culture, spanning the “pool” of resources in a number of personalities and skills
- An ability to delegate, but not abdicate
- An attractive & representative salary
- 22 days holiday per annum
- Company car
- Candidates should apply via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include a letter, detailed CV and a relevant project portfolio
- Only apply if you meet the stated criteria. Successful candidates will be invited for interview
This is a very specific role, please only apply if you meet the strict criteria. If you feel you meet the required criteria listed above then please apply today by sending us your CV. Successful candidates will be invited for interview.
NB: Strictly no agencies.
We are a forward thinking and expanding geomatics company who require a candidate to join their team who can demonstrate key skills in the specific area of Revit modelling from existing 3D point clouds and 2D data. Its important to note that this is not a design position - we are specifically looking for a candidate with a minimum of 1-2 years "Scan to BIM" experience and knowledge. The candidate should be able to demonstrate an understanding of a "Scan to BIM" workflow and an understanding of 3D laser scanning would be an advantage and be able to demonstrate the following:-
- Experience of working with 3D point clouds
- An understanding of the complexities of creating as-built Revit models
- Knowledge and understanding of Revit templates, families and custom modelling
- Time management skills with an emphasis on delivery
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible approach to working hours
This is a very specific role, please only apply if you meet the strict criteria - we do not require design skills, we are looking specifically for a candidate who has a working knowledge of point clouds and using them within Revit. If you feel you meet the required criteria listed above then please apply today by sending us your CV. Successful candidates will be invited for interview.
NB: Strictly no agencies.
ga('create', 'UA-73582037-1', 'auto');